Kasa Smart Wifi Plug Mini

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-06-21 20:33:48
Model: TL-EP110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

HI

I bought a couple of the EP 10 smart plugs and followed the inlcuded instructions (and the PDF I downloaded from TPlink) and the plug will not connect to my network. I got as far as the Kasa app indicating it had connected to the plug but that was it. I was able to connect via the wifi on my phone in an attempt to solve the issue.  I saw it was connected to 192.168.0.1 which doesn't exist on my home network so I did a factory reset, still nothing. So, I assigned it a static IP, still nothing. My firewall isn't blocking it.  Kasa connectes to the device then the green circular line chases itself til Kasa gives up. My phone (with the Kasa app) is about 2 feet from the device which is itself about 8 feet from the wifi.  Any ideas?  Thx

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Wifi Plug Mini
2021-07-12 18:46:25 - last edited 2021-07-12 18:47:29

I bought 4 of these and the app tells me my wifi needs to have a password, or it can't connect. This is a bug with the kasa software and should be fixed. Thinking of just returning the product and giving a scathing review on amazon. Like I need to spend hours troubleshooting a stupid plug to get it online. But maybe it's good to practice networking skills since eventually everything breaks down. Have you tried changing the wpa security deal everyone talks about here?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 801

Replies: 1

Related Articles