I've already been using the Tapo C200 and the six I have work great. I only bought an EC70 so I could trigger smart plugs with motion. I thought the Kasa EC70 and Tapo C200 cameras would be more alike than different but I'm not sure now about that.
Here is what I would like to know about the EC70 so far.
1. I have a Smart Action to turn on a Smart Plug when the camera sees motion. This works one time and then I have to go into the app and turn the Smart Action off and back on, like it needs a reset or something to work again. I've tried adding an Off Delay Timer that will shut the Smart Plug off automatically but the Smart Action doesn't run again until the toggle off/on. How is this supposed to work? I want the Smart Plug to turn on each and every time I have motion by the camera. Can this be done? or not?
2. My Tapo cameras (really all other cameras I have) are setup to only record when motion is detected. I don't see an option for this, I can only turn on 24/7 recording and then motion detections are highlighted in the recordings. I don't need, and sure don't want, 24/7 recording. Can I just have motion detection recording like everything else I have? and if so how do I set it up?
3. On the main screen for the camera that has the live shot at the top and Pan-Tilt/Activity slide switch, when selecting Activity I always get a message that No Activity has been detected in the last 3 hours even when I have recent motion alerts. I never see anything different on the Activity side. What is the purpose of this switch? and what kind of Activity does it report?
4. How do I save motion recording that I can export from the Kasa software? or take a screenshot to export?
5. I have a menu item at the top that looks like a bell. It's on a page labeled Cloud-Stored Activity. I have hit and miss events show up here. I don't have any cloud storage (I don't have broadband internet where I live) so I depend on saving to uSD cards. Am I tied to using a cloud service to fully use this camera?
6. I have found one setting under Sensitivity that when setup will only record a clip if the motion last at least X seconds. I could see where this could help eliminate false triggers but I have played with the settings and nothing seems to change as far as the conditions for recording. Does this feature work? and what it the proper way to use it?
7. I have been looking for information to connect the EC70 to my 3rd party camera software I use. Is this on ONVIF camera? or can I connect with an RTSP stream? if so, what is the format? or even just MJPEG if I had to. What are my options here?
I use Kasa smart plugs and switches and have been really satisfied with them. I'm not sure about their camera yet but am waiting to read answers that will help me.