HS103 installation. Wont connect to WiFi. Tech Support sucks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-03 18:25:26
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

OK, so these are really stupid.

Once you download the app they wont just connect on their own, and tech support doesnt have a clue.

On iPhone you have to be hooked up to your WiFi network. Once you get to the screen where the app is searching the network for the device, you have to go into your iPhone WiFi settings and switch your network to the device that you are trying to hook up. After that go back to the app and it should connect to it, and ask about your WiFi network.

If you switch to the device before setup, the app will tell you that it doesnt have internet and you cant move on. You have to switch after you initiate setup.

Options
1 Reply
Re:HS103 installation. Wont connect to WiFi. Tech Support sucks
2021-07-14 15:44:29
I set up my two Kasa HS103V5's yesterday, had more trouble than I should have (made a mistake) but got help from TP-Link/Support Chat until issues resolved. Not the best help but we worked it out. I have Android phones. I don't think I really had to change networks. I should have consulted the User Guide and/or Manual before installation, but just went off the little card in the box (HS103P2, i.e. two smart plugs). Now, I've printed the guide and manual, and things seem fine so far. Going to try to get some mileage out of my new Fire Stick 4K with Alexa in tandem with the Kasa plugs, which might be iffy. One thing I didn't know is the Kasa plugs only support 2.4khz networks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 924

Replies: 1