Setting schedule confusion on smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-05 15:52:40 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:08:39

I'm using the app on my iPhone to set up a schedule for my smart plug.  This is going to sound a stupid question but is it select the days by having the day circle in full color or white outlined with the color?  When I view it in the full schedule, it's the grayed out days I want at those times -- is that correct?

It seems my plug is doing its own schedule, turning off at times I don't want it to.  I'm looking to have it turn on and off at different times on different days.  So for instance, in the second photo, the plug should turn off at 9 am on Saturday morning, correct?

I'm not sure why my plug is making its own schedule.

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Setting schedule confusion on smart plug-Solution
2021-08-07 07:01:54 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:08:39

@bexster Yes, when the circle is filled in black, those are the days it is set to be  On. All that really just means is that Smart Action is active on those days, it does not mean the device will do one thing or another, that depends on the settings of the Action. In other words, if you have a switch that is supposed to turn On, on Weekdays, then you have to only have the days selected, but you must also assign the correct action to the device. It wouldn't make sense to say, set a Smart Action where the Light turns Off at Sundown, normally people want it to turn On, so it is possible to have an active Smart Action that is working, but isn't changing the state of a device, for instance if the light is already off.

That is probably a longer answer than needed, but I have done something like that by accident, so I like to pass along my mistakes, lol.

Good Luck!

--<Sly>--
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Setting schedule confusion on smart plug-Solution
2021-08-07 07:01:54 - last edited 2021-09-13 13:08:39

@bexster Yes, when the circle is filled in black, those are the days it is set to be  On. All that really just means is that Smart Action is active on those days, it does not mean the device will do one thing or another, that depends on the settings of the Action. In other words, if you have a switch that is supposed to turn On, on Weekdays, then you have to only have the days selected, but you must also assign the correct action to the device. It wouldn't make sense to say, set a Smart Action where the Light turns Off at Sundown, normally people want it to turn On, so it is possible to have an active Smart Action that is working, but isn't changing the state of a device, for instance if the light is already off.

That is probably a longer answer than needed, but I have done something like that by accident, so I like to pass along my mistakes, lol.

Good Luck!

--<Sly>--
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Setting schedule confusion on smart plug
2021-08-07 07:09:15
P.S For most of my devices I set 2 Schedules, one for turning it on and one for turning it off. You could choose "Auto-Off/On" after a certain amount of time too.
--<Sly>--
Options
2021-08-07 15:51:46

@Injected420  Thanks, yes, I know how to program the schedule and how it all works.  That part was clear and easy.  It wasn't obvious whether the solid color or the white circle meant the schedule was active for that particular day.  So it's backwards and counterintuitive.  Thanks for your assistance.

Options
2021-08-20 03:32:24
Nice! My buddy just got their 6-outlet smart plug/strip and he asked me the same question. I laughed and thought of your post. Glad everything worked out!
--<Sly>--
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 808

Replies: 4