I recently went all-in on Kasa product replacing my older Wemo switches. I had tried Kasa for several weeks with a few plugs a light switch and an outdoor switch before converting my entire house with no real issues.
The install was a breeze but since then I've had nothing but issues with the App. I've installed with light switches around the house, two three-way switches, and several wall plugs.
Some of the issues I've had:
1) Some of my devices say 'Local Only', all of them were set up the exact same way using the same network. This seems only to be an issue on my iPhone 12 app and not the Ipad (Both are on the same Wifi network)
2) When I launch the Kasa App on my iPhone some devices are 'Unavailable' on my iPhone but work perfectly fine on the Ipad. Again both Apple devices are connected to the same Wifi Network and signed on into the same account.
3) When I set up the outdoor switch, I accidentally named it wrong. I tried several times to simply rename it and I kept getting "Operation Failed Please try again". To change the device name I had to delete the item and re-install it from scratch.
My network is an Orbi mesh network with three satellites. My Wifi signal is fine throughout the entire property.