KC115 is missing obvious features that make this product a complete bummer
Regarding settings in Kasa app
1. There is AT ALL no ability to schedule camera power and patrol mode to turn on/off on sunset/sunrise like all the smart plugs and bulbs.
2. There is no option to set camera to return to a selected view (one of 4) after it exits a patrol mode.
3. Alternatively, there no option to automate camera returning to a selected view after a custom amount of time, if the view was moved elsewhere with the virtual joystick in the app.
4. You can mark zones in your saved views, so that camera can only sense and record motion in those particular areas and you can create smart action to trigger lamps, if motion has been detected. Great! But why didn't you go a step further and add an option to link those marked areas to toggle particular smart plugs from the range of Kasa plugs that you offer? O_o
5. Kasa app itself don't offer any smart triggers, like toggling things when I exit a particular area: this is very sad, because now people are forced to share adjusting the functionality between different apps which essentially belong to the same product... inconvenient as hell, if you ask me.
Google Home & IFTTT
1. There is an option to Turn on/off the camera through IFTTT but not Google Home. Switching Kasa KP105 smart plugs work just fine though Google Home, but not KC115 Camera! Why? In fact, you can't toggle anything though Google Home if it's this particular camera...
2. IFTTT only has an option to power the camera on or off (or just toggle) but not the patrol mode. Why?
To summarize all this: This needs fixing! As of right now, this is NOT "smart" at all!
But the point with this thread is a question:
is there a hope for this camera to get the features I mentioned above some day, or perhaps maybe TP link will come to realization, that this is beyond saving, and perhaps they should unlock API for programmers and tech enthusiasts to step in and correct the situation?
Or should I give up now and toss it into the closest garbage bin, and get something else (not TP link)?