Looking for a way to copy presets and schedules

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-01 19:40:22
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have Kasa KL125 & KL135 bulbs.

Is there any way to copy presets and schedules from one device to another?

Thanks.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Looking for a way to copy presets and schedules
2022-02-02 01:42:24

@Slooby 

Unfortunately there is no way to copy presets or schedules.  The closest would be to create a scene that sets the bulbs to the same color and brightness.  scenes can then be set to a sechedule which will trgger all associated devices to do the same action at the same time. 

Options
2022-02-02 03:20:45

@Carl Thank you for the reply, much appreciated.

I had looked at using scenes but these are separately scheduled bulbs that will use the same 4 presets. I only have 3 bulbs but before buying more I'm wanting to learn more about how to reset them up again, to see how I can save time.

TP-Link wanted me to send back 2 for replacement, they ended up sending me 2 more bulbs that have the exact same issue, so I'm thinking having to reset up the same bulbs will happen.

Options
2022-02-02 17:30:45

@Slooby 

What was/is wrong with the bulbs?

Options
2022-02-02 19:38:04

@Carl The Energy Usage numbers for the KL135 I have make sense.

However, the Energy Usage numbers for the KL125's that I have are crazy, curently showing 1685 hrs for Today's usage, and 36887 hrs predicted yearly, similar to the ones they had me send back. 

TP-Link support had me jump through many hoops, unistalling reinstalling the app & resetting the bulbs, sent me an executable to get the bulb logs to send back to them. The executable was flagged and quarantined as dangerous by my windows security. They had me register the bulbs in order to process an RMA to send them back for replacement. At first I think they wanted me to pay shipping but they did provide a label so I packaged them up took them down to the UPS store and put regular bulbs in the empty sockets.

It was all for naught. I've lost count on the number of emails back & forth and I haven't heard back after letting them know that the bulbs they sent have the same exact issue.

I'm in a holding pattern because I haven't decided to dump Kasa and look at other brands or continue spending money on TP-Link/Kasa devices knowing the competence of its customer support.

Options
2022-02-03 00:19:14

@Slooby 

Hmmm okay,  Well I can provide 1 answer to you.  The reason the executable was marked as dangerous is because it wasn't digitally signed.  This is how windows marks a program without a digital signature because Windows can't identify what it is.  

If you were dealing with the engineering team it is likely that they are on holiday for Chinese New Year and that is why they havent responded.  If you can provide me with the case numbers I can look into it. 

Options
2022-02-03 01:08:20

651393@Carl I appreciate the response

The case best I can tell is TKID211211533. I did get an automated response that the person I was contacting at the time is out this week but the email was also addressed to the team and I did not know most of them would also be out?

I know my frustration is showing a bit, this is the 2nd situation like this I've had occur recently, getting the same product back as what was returned. The first (not TP-Link) was receiving a 2nd and the same audio device that was manufactured to only work in a different country of which I reside. 

Thanks.

Options
2022-02-03 18:34:51

@Slooby 

Give me some time to review this case and anything else i can find associated.  I will get be to you as soon as possible. 

Options
2022-02-03 19:12:38

@Carl 

OK, and thank you for your time & efforts. Let me know if I can help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 515

Replies: 8