Facing lots of latency while working over remote

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-03-01 06:19:51 - last edited 2022-03-01 06:22:00
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 210408 Rel.37106n

With AC750 Extender, facing lots of latency while working over the remote.

I tried with the main network and also with a different network, but with them able to work smoothly,

But with AC750(RE200), unable to work over the remote. There is lots of delays.

Device Details:

Name: RE200

Model: TP-Link Wireless Extender RE200

HW Version: RE200 5.0

FW Version: 1.0.4 Build 210408 Rel.37106n

Options
4 Reply
Re:Facing lots of latency while working over remote
2022-03-02 03:20:28

Hello  @AnkitBondwal 

Here are some suggestions which you could give it try: 

1. Try to connect to 5Ghz Band of RE and see if performance is better

2. At RE's location, please connect to router's WiFi network and check if there is any lag issue when work over remote? 

3. Close unnecessary app on that device 

4. Move RE closer to router or ensure RE received strong wifi signal of router 

1) Can I know how do you work over the remote, do you use VPN?  Do you mean when connect to range extender’s Wi-Fi network, VPN is ON, there is lag or latency? 

2) Can I know how do you test RE & router latency, can you send some photo of the test results.

3) If not work remotely, is there any Latency on RE's Wi-Fi network 

4) the model of router, and network topology 5) when issue happen, connect to RE's Wi-Fi and test latency  at RE's location, test Router WiFi latency,, try to ping 8.8.8.8 and default gateway(router‘’s IP) and see if there is any package loss, How to Use the Ping Command

Options
2022-03-04 08:48:40

Solla-topee wrote

Hello  @AnkitBondwal 

2. At RE's location, please connect to router's WiFi network and check if there is any lag issue when work over remote? 

1) Can I know how do you work over the remote, do you use VPN?  Do you mean when connect to range extender’s Wi-Fi network, VPN is ON, there is lag or latency? 

2) Can I know how do you test RE & router latency, can you send some photo of the test results.

4) the model of router, and network topology 5) when issue happen, connect to RE's Wi-Fi and test latency  at RE's location, test Router WiFi latency,, try to ping 8.8.8.8 and default gateway(router‘’s IP) and see if there is any package loss, How to Use the Ping Command

Solla-topee wrote

Hello  @AnkitBondwal 

@Solla-topee 

Ans. I tried but still there is lagging while working over remote.

2. At RE's location, please connect to router's WiFi network and check if there is any lag issue when work over remote?

Ans. I tried, with main router at same location working fine.

Ans. I tried, this one also, only one single remote link is opened.

Ans. I checked in tp link app. As per location analyser, RE is on perfect location. Even RE wifi light is always green, which means getting strong signal

Ans. We use citrix to take system on remote.

Ans. When I connect with RE and connect remotely then there is a lot of lagging, and when I switched to main router then works fine.

Ans. No, if not working remotely then RE working fine

4) the model of router, and network topology

Ans. I am using Sharp vision 341 router and BSNL fiber plan.

5) when issue happen, connect to RE's Wi-Fi and test latency  at RE's location, test Router WiFi latency,, try to ping 8.8.8.8 and default gateway(router‘’s IP) and see if there is any package loss,

Options
2022-03-07 13:36:52

AnkitBondwal wrote

Solla-topee wrote

Hello  @AnkitBondwal 

Solla-topee wrote

Hello  @AnkitBondwal 

@Solla-topee 

Ans. I tried but still there is lagging while working over remote.

2. At RE's location, please connect to router's WiFi network and check if there is any lag issue when work over remote?

Ans. I tried, with main router at same location working fine.

Ans. I tried, this one also, only one single remote link is opened.

Ans. I checked in tp link app. As per location analyser, RE is on perfect location. Even RE wifi light is always green, which means getting strong signal

Ans. We use citrix to take system on remote.

Ans. When I connect with RE and connect remotely then there is a lot of lagging, and when I switched to main router then works fine.

Ans. No, if not working remotely then RE working fine

4) the model of router, and network topology

Ans. I am using Sharp vision 341 router and BSNL fiber plan.

5) when issue happen, connect to RE's Wi-Fi and test latency  at RE's location, test Router WiFi latency,, try to ping 8.8.8.8 and default gateway(router‘’s IP) and see if there is any package loss,

@Solla-topee waiting for your res

Options
2022-03-10 02:54:47

Hello  @AnkitBondwal 

•  When work remotely using RE's wifi network, please  check IPV4 default gateway ping the gateway address  and share ping test result, 
  • Try to ping 8.8.8.8 and see if there is any timed out. 

Thank you for the detailed information, we would like to escalate your case through support email TKID220310249, please check your inbox. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 4

Related Articles