how can i get the videos off the sd card

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-04 04:08:00 - last edited 2022-05-05 19:18:55
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.11

I just got threatened with a gun and I need the clips off of my sd card that's in the camera. and it wont let me view it but I have a sdcard that says it's on it. how do I view It i need it right away can anyone help me

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:how can i get the videos off the sd card-Solution
2022-05-04 21:24:40 - last edited 2022-05-05 19:18:55

@Manley77 

If you have not found a way to save the videos off the sd card. In order to view the videos in the app you have to navigate to the device settings and find the option for 24/7 recording. These clips cannot be found in the activity feed. Furthermore, these clips can only be viewed from within the app, and cannot be exported from the app. In order to export the files from the SD Card it is required that the SD card is removed from the camera.

We have created a FAQ for doing this:

How can I view the video recordings of camera from the SD card on a computer?

I hope that everything works out and that you are okay.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:how can i get the videos off the sd card-Solution
2022-05-04 21:24:40 - last edited 2022-05-05 19:18:55

@Manley77 

If you have not found a way to save the videos off the sd card. In order to view the videos in the app you have to navigate to the device settings and find the option for 24/7 recording. These clips cannot be found in the activity feed. Furthermore, these clips can only be viewed from within the app, and cannot be exported from the app. In order to export the files from the SD Card it is required that the SD card is removed from the camera.

We have created a FAQ for doing this:

How can I view the video recordings of camera from the SD card on a computer?

I hope that everything works out and that you are okay.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:how can i get the videos off the sd card
2022-05-17 20:05:11 - last edited 2022-05-17 20:10:39

@Manley77 - If you are wanting to save the videos in another location:

Remove the data card from the camera

Put the data card into the adapter (if necessary)

Put the card / dapper into the correct slot on your computer.  
Open the file viewer application on the computer.  For Windows, it's Windows Explorer. On iMac it's Finder

Create the folder / location where you want to store the files

Copy the file folder (on the data card) that starts with KASA, then paste it to the new location.

If you do not want to save the videos, either after copying the to the computer, or at all - 

Open the KASA app, select the camera you want to delete videos from

Go to settings (Cog in upper right corner)

Select 24/7 recording

Select format card >

Select format card (button is red at the bottom)

If you are moving files - Depending on the size of the data card, and how long it's been in the camera - expect it to take upwards of 3 hours.  I did this last night - I have 3, each is 256G, and it took about 3:45 for each card.  

Hope this answered your question!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 847

Replies: 2