Security blocked a security risk

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-18 13:26:10 - last edited 2022-05-26 22:30:08
Model: EC60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My Cox Panoramic Wifi Advanced Security blocked a security risk in EC60. 

1. Does this mean someone is trying to hack my cameras?

2. What do I do?

3. I use my cameras as Nanny cams and am now having problems viewing live feed. I can only go in and view recorded events. Whats up with that?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Security blocked a security risk -Solution
2022-05-18 17:19:47 - last edited 2022-05-26 22:30:08

@KasaUser01

I'll do my best to respond, as it sounds like it was simply mistakenly blocked. If you take any of the steps below, I would love to have more information such as: warning info, firmware version and any other info that may be of use. I would like to let the tech team know about this if there's a problem that we can track down.

This sounds at first glance like it was the security system for your Cox Panoramic Gateway falsely detecting that the video feed travelling to the Kasa Servers were malicious activity. This can happen if something changes in the systems. Essentially, this operates as a firewall and will work to block connections that could POTENTIALLY be malicious. The stricter the settings you have enabled, or that your providers have enabled, the more of these warning and blocks can occur.

Firstly, please check in the Kasa App to see if your camera has a firmware update. Kasa is always updating our cameras to protect our users, and this could also solve the problem regarding livestreams not appearing on your phone. 

There should be an option in the Cox Panoramic Wi-Fi App, or by directly connecting a PC to your Router, to ignore the security warning presented in  the management interface. This should give access to the live stream of the camera again. 

If you are unsure of what caused the block or would like more information, you can try to look and see if the warning provides more information so that we can try to identify the source. Unfortunately, I have never used the Cox Panoramic System, so I cannot be sure of how consistent the blocking is or how easy it is to change the protection settings.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Security blocked a security risk -Solution
2022-05-18 17:19:47 - last edited 2022-05-26 22:30:08

@KasaUser01

I'll do my best to respond, as it sounds like it was simply mistakenly blocked. If you take any of the steps below, I would love to have more information such as: warning info, firmware version and any other info that may be of use. I would like to let the tech team know about this if there's a problem that we can track down.

This sounds at first glance like it was the security system for your Cox Panoramic Gateway falsely detecting that the video feed travelling to the Kasa Servers were malicious activity. This can happen if something changes in the systems. Essentially, this operates as a firewall and will work to block connections that could POTENTIALLY be malicious. The stricter the settings you have enabled, or that your providers have enabled, the more of these warning and blocks can occur.

Firstly, please check in the Kasa App to see if your camera has a firmware update. Kasa is always updating our cameras to protect our users, and this could also solve the problem regarding livestreams not appearing on your phone. 

There should be an option in the Cox Panoramic Wi-Fi App, or by directly connecting a PC to your Router, to ignore the security warning presented in  the management interface. This should give access to the live stream of the camera again. 

If you are unsure of what caused the block or would like more information, you can try to look and see if the warning provides more information so that we can try to identify the source. Unfortunately, I have never used the Cox Panoramic System, so I cannot be sure of how consistent the blocking is or how easy it is to change the protection settings.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1246

Replies: 1