Community Expansion - Tapo in the US

2022-05-23 22:18:22

Hey Kasa Community,

Did anybody notice that the TP-Link community site expanded to a whole new brand? Well, I am pleased to let you know that we have opened the floodgates for users of our Tapo Products to join the US community. If you have used Tapo products in the past, I am sure that many people here would love to hear your opinions about the products and applications of the products. For those of you who have never heard of the Tapo brand, I would recommend checking out the Tapo Website to see what the brand can offer you.

I am looking forward to adding these devices and seeing what different features the team has planned for the Tapo line of products. We announced 4 Various Wi-Fi Cameras and also a nearly 32.7 ft (10 m) long RGB light strip for the introduction of Tapo into the United States.

If you would like to read the official press release regarding the US launch, you can read it on the Official US News Page

New Tapo Cameras Discussion: Forum Discussion

New Light Strip Discussion: Forum Discussion

Options
1 Reply
Re:Community Expansion - Tapo in the US
2022-07-18 18:29:37
The Tapo brand is confusing and looks... well awful. They look like lobotomized versions of Kasa devices. The most needed device in the Kasa line, a motion sensor (smart sensor), I guess is finally being built in the Tapo line, but not cross compatiable? I can't make any sense of the Tapo line. I thought it was hub-based, not wi-fi based. I could understand making that a different line, but... now there are wi-fi products in the Tapo line? Instead of investing resources in another product line, with another separate app, wish you all would make the Kasa app better (still freezing on the startup screen 1/2 the time, still doesn't support organizing devices by "home"). Tapo doesn't seem like a good thing.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 505

Replies: 1