Local only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Local only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Local only
Local only
2022-07-03 13:36:58 - last edited 2022-08-02 18:18:24
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have set up Kasa plugs at two different houses. I had set up scheduled at both. Now returning to my first house the one plug say "Local Only" and gives me a connection error when I select schedule. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Local only-Solution
2022-07-05 22:45:36 - last edited 2022-08-02 18:18:24

@bw75,

If youre devices are showing Local Only, that means that the device has become disconnected from either your Wifi Network or the Cloud. This means that the device can only be controlled while you are connected to either the device or the network and not from outside of your network. The first step for troubleshooting is to attempt to reconnect your smart plug to your network. 
Our Smart Plugs have two different resets possible a soft reset, which will reset only the network settings, and a hard reset which will perform a factory reset. I recommend starting with a soft reset and reconnecting to see if that will connect the device to the cloud. More information about how to do so can be found here: Resetting a Plug - Soft and Factory Resets

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Local only
2022-07-04 19:03:54

@bw75 

We are having this same problem today again too. It was mentioned in a previous post (2019??) hat this had been "resolved"... apparently not.

Options
2022-07-04 19:17:05

FYI... restarting our router and changing our DNS had no effect.

Options
2022-07-05 06:27:40

I have having the "local only" issue with 1 of my devices. KP303 power strip. I recently moved and this was one of the first ones I set up. It is updated to the new WiFi router and works when I'm at home. I would like to fix this issue. 

Options
Re:Local only-Solution
2022-07-05 22:45:36 - last edited 2022-08-02 18:18:24

@bw75,

If youre devices are showing Local Only, that means that the device has become disconnected from either your Wifi Network or the Cloud. This means that the device can only be controlled while you are connected to either the device or the network and not from outside of your network. The first step for troubleshooting is to attempt to reconnect your smart plug to your network. 
Our Smart Plugs have two different resets possible a soft reset, which will reset only the network settings, and a hard reset which will perform a factory reset. I recommend starting with a soft reset and reconnecting to see if that will connect the device to the cloud. More information about how to do so can be found here: Resetting a Plug - Soft and Factory Resets

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1106

Replies: 4

Related Articles