How do I configure a new AC750 as an Access Point ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-07-12 23:15:09 - last edited 2022-07-14 00:28:21
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I just purchased an AC750 from Amazon.

I just removed it from the box and I need to configure it as an Access Point.

How do I do that ? (I can't seem to find instructions or a video that explains it.)

Do I need to configure the device as an extender first and then log into it and change it to an Access Point ?

Or

Is there a way to configure it as an Access Point right out of the box ?

Thanks for any help

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How do I configure a new AC750 as an Access Point ?-Solution
2022-07-14 00:28:14 - last edited 2022-07-14 00:28:21
As it turns out I needed to configure the device as an extender before the "tether" app would allow me to access the "Operation Mode" settings where I could chooseto use the device as an Access Point. Not any big thing, it just would have been nice to see a video or read a document outlining the exact steps. So, far, I'm impressed with the device. It was easy to set up and the "Tether" app is really easy to navigate.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:How do I configure a new AC750 as an Access Point ?
2022-07-12 23:44:09

@JustRay,

If you cannot find the instructions or setup manuals for your product, you will be able to find copies of both the Quick Installation Guide and the User Setup Guide on the Support Page for your Product: RE220 Support and Guides

Let me know if you have any difficulties setting up your product!

Options
2022-07-13 00:24:04

So far, I am unable to find any instructions related to configuring the new device as an access point without first configuring it as an extener.

Is that the correct procedure or can I configure the device as an access point right out of the box ?@Riley_S 

Options
Re:How do I configure a new AC750 as an Access Point ?-Solution
2022-07-14 00:28:14 - last edited 2022-07-14 00:28:21
As it turns out I needed to configure the device as an extender before the "tether" app would allow me to access the "Operation Mode" settings where I could chooseto use the device as an Access Point. Not any big thing, it just would have been nice to see a video or read a document outlining the exact steps. So, far, I'm impressed with the device. It was easy to set up and the "Tether" app is really easy to navigate.
Recommended Solution
Options
2022-07-24 04:49:21

JustRay wrote

I just purchased an AC750 from Amazon.

I just removed it from the box and I need to configure it as an Access Point.

How do I do that ? (I can't seem to find instructions or a video that explains it.)

Do I need to configure the device as an extender first and then log into it and change it to an Access Point ?

Or

Is there a way to configure it as an Access Point right out of the box ?

Thanks for any help

@JustRay 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 4

Related Articles