Hotspot Capability?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Hotspot Capability?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Hotspot Capability?
Hotspot Capability?
2022-07-23 17:52:27

I've had a TP Link Archer C7 router AC1750 and modem router for years and used it with Comcast/Xfinity internet with no problems.  I am now contemplating ditching Xfinity and going back to AT&T for a cell phone that includes unlimited talk/text/data and a free Hotspot.  I've been researching if I can continue to use this setup as a connecting point to the hotspot so I don't have to reconfigure my wireless doorbell, HP LaserJet Pro MFP M477fnw printer and Lenovo Tab 8 tablet which are currently all connected on the same network.  All I have to do is turn each device on and it's automatically connected and ready to go.  I asked the rep at the AT&T store if I could do that and he said no, but there are YouTube videos that supposedly show how to connect with a hotspot. 

If my current devices will not do that, what about something like the TP-Link Network TL-WR802N?  I'm close to making the switch but want to make sure everything will be easily operable for me.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Hotspot Capability?
2022-07-27 15:00:39

@GrammyJ 

In order to keep your existing setup, you will need to find out if the equipment ATT provides has the ability to support wired connections.  The A7 can operate as a wireless AP but will need to be connected via ethernet to you ATT router.

ATT <---ethernet---> A7 ((( Wifi ))) Existing wireless devices

Reconfiguring A7 is prettty straightforward if you go this route.  Hope this helps. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 192

Replies: 1

Related Articles