Lock Device Power Status

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Lock Device Power Status

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Lock Device Power Status
Lock Device Power Status
2022-08-04 01:06:50
Model: KP115  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I connected a UPS powering a 24/7 media server to a KP115 for the purpose of monitoring power consumption through Sense.  Having the power button for the server outlet so conspicuous in the Kasa app makes me nervous, as I'm one ill-timed sneeze away from accidentally turning it off.  Is there not a way to disable the power switch for a device or otherwise make it harder to accidentally toggle the power state? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Lock Device Power Status
2022-08-04 17:44:21

@BlueCalcite,

Unfortunately, this is not a feature that we currently offer for our smart devices, but I will pass this on to our team. I can see how this could be a very useful feature and will allow for greater detail in your monitoring solution. Until I hear back from our engineers about the plausibility of this feature, would you mind creating another post in the feature or product request section of the forum? That way, your request will not be lost and the team can track the progress of the request and can provide updates if available.

I will also put in a request to hide the power button from the main screen so that it will be less easy to toggle on accident.

For now, adding the devices to another Kasa Account that does not have your other devices on the application may be a solution. That way you can just log into that account when setting up the connection to sense.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 289

Replies: 1