IP Reputation Risk

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IP Reputation Risk

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IP Reputation Risk
IP Reputation Risk
2022-08-15 13:53:40
Model: EC60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.13

Good morning - I have had 2 Kasa Spot cameras and I keep getting notifications from my Xfinity app about how both of my camera have IP Reputation risks. It says "We've blocked a known malicious IP from accessing this device". I see that 2020 this was happening a lot but haven't seen anything recently. 

Can anyone tell me what this means? It's making my husband nervous and he wants me to take them down because it sure seems something/someone is trying to hack in. 

Any info would be appreciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:IP Reputation Risk
2022-08-15 18:09:47

@jeuts310,

I will look into this further, how,ever this is almost always a false positive from your home security and IoT protection. We have had users, with cameras already set up that will receive this notification when the firmware is updated. In reality, the system is just blocking the video stream of the camera. 

Until I get back to you, I would recommend checking with the support and community over at Xfinity. If your husband is still concerned with a security risk, the cameras can always be factory reset back to normal for peace of mind.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 1