EC70 camera detecting motion but not giving me notifications despite everything being turned on.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EC70 camera detecting motion but not giving me notifications despite everything being turned on.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-16 15:26:21
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.11

So, I bought 3 of the EC70 cameras to use as baby monitors.

They're useless when trying to integrate them to Alexa, as they time out and force me to open the feed repeatedly which completely defeats the point of monitoring your sleeping child.

BUT, I've decided to use my phone as the display in one last effort to find some utility in this purchase and not return these cameras.

Unfortunately, I only get about 5-10% of notifications from sound/motion.

I go into the app and the camera menu shows my camera and says "Activity detected 1 min ago", but I've recieved no notification.

I've gone through all the troubleshooting and still no notification this morning despite my camera having detected motion plenty of times.

Last notification I got was last night, about 12 hours ago.

I'm struggling to figure what more, as a consumer, I have to do to make this product competent.

Options
2 Reply
Re:EC70 camera detecting motion but not giving me notifications despite everything being turned on.
2022-08-16 18:43:09

@LangdonAlger

Unfortunately, this timeout for video feeds is something that is out of the control of TP-Link. This same limitation exists for other forms of live streams on google hubs also. The live view will not be interrupted if you are viewing the camera feed on the local network. 

Regarding the notifications, is it possible that the notifications are being grouped together or be affected by your phones settings, such as do not disturb or nighttime mode?

Otherwise, were you able to identify a trend in what notifications appeared, and which ones did not? Were the notification only sent while the app was not open or did the notifications trigger on another phone or device?

Options
Re:EC70 camera detecting motion but not giving me notifications despite everything being turned on.
2022-08-17 21:40:53

@LangdonAlger,

Out of curiosity, do you have an SD Card installed in the camera? Another user had reported that when the SD Card fills, they sometimes experience undelivered motion notifications. If you have a card installed, can you check the storage remaining on the card?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 2