Kasa App Soo limited

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Kasa App Soo limited

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Kasa App Soo limited
Kasa App Soo limited
2022-09-02 16:20:18
Model: KL125  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

I am reviewing various smart bulbs to find the one that I want to buy in quantity. I thought KASA would be the one, but now that I have the Kasa App on my phone and the Smart Things app I find that the control abilities using either app are EXTREMELY limited compared to other smart bulbs. I can't even find a place to setup a custom button to tell it to turn on a set of light to different colors. No Button to run a routine? I can schedule and do based on time or sunset etc, but not activate a routine on command. What about effect like rotate colors every 5 seconds, Music etc? What am I missing? Where is the real app? This applies to the only two Kasa bulbs I have tried KL-125P2 and KL135P2 which I just bought Aug 28 2022 so latest versions Guess I will keep looking for a bulb that has a lot of app abilities - any suggestions? TIA DaveC

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa App Soo limited
2022-09-02 16:41:17

Hey @DaveC101,

Thanks for the feedback. When it comes to features that you would like to see put into the application for your devices I would recommend that you create a post in the feedback sections of our forums. FYI, there is literally NO BETTER TIME TO DO THIS THAN NOW

We have some exciting things coming for all of our smart home brands in the next few months. Stay tuned, as the devices you already own will become even smarter over time.

Referring to SmartThings, however, the automation and controls in the application are actually very complex, however, it is sometimes difficult to find the setting that you are looking for. It is still one of the most stable and advanced smart home systems available right now, compared to Google Home and Alexa, so I recommend you try and stick with it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 237

Replies: 1