KL400L5 keeps going "Unavailable"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-14 21:39:33
Model: KL400L5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.8

Hi,

I have numerous KASA products, switches, lights, and plugs, that all are working 100%.

I also have 2 KL400L5 LED strips that keep disconnecting and showing as Unavailable.

I have tried numerous things to determine what the issue is but nothing solves this problem.

Although I can make it work reliably but it is not a workable solution.

I run my home automation on HomeAssistant. If I make a call service to turn on or off the LEDs usually respond followed by shortly afterwards(10-15 seconds) going unavailable.

Both HomeAssistant and Kasa app show unavailable. Ping IP does not respond to this device any longer.

Sometimes the device becomes available again after a while( time to restore varies) upon which the whole scenario repeats again.

Sometimes the device will not self restore. I am not even able to power off the LEDs with the hardware button on the controller.

At this time the only way to rstore operation is to power off/on the contoller. Then it will work for a while and eventually fail again. Usually within a day.

The way I got it to work 100% perfectly was to disconnect the internet from my router. I just diabled WAN.

KASA app shows which devices or now working locally of which KL400L5 is.

KASA app and HomeAssistant now work perfectly, no more unavailable. I switched the LEDS on and off more than a hundred times , worked every time.

Unfortunately I need the internet so upon restoring WAN the KL400L5 starts failing again.

I am quite convinced that there is a bug with these KL400L5 devices and I hope TP-Link can fix them.

Options