Increase the minutes before and after of sunrise and sunset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-15 22:16:05

We would like to have a maximum of 3 to 6 hours by scheduling sunrise and sunset 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Increase the minutes before and after of sunrise and sunset
2022-09-16 16:56:38

@yitsgo,

Can you be a bit more detailed in your request? Are you looking to essentially create an 'offeset' for the times? If this is the case, you can set up a delay in the commands to have things trigger X minutes AFTER sunset or sunrise. Other than that, I will pass your feedback onto the team that there should be a sunset offset, or a way to configure a 'negative delay'

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
2022-09-18 20:42:33

@Riley_S 

right now when you try to schedule a sunrise or sunset there is only 59 minutes to play with for before and after

that is very little time especially in the winter local days 

i would suggest to increase this minutes up to 3-6 hours 

hope that explains it better

tnx riley

Options
2022-09-19 23:06:34

@yitsgo,

Thanks for the Feedback! I will send this off to our team, I am not sure I even knew that the offset was limited to 60 minutes max. Another option to do what you are looking for, is to integrate your Kasa account to Samsung SmartThings in order to leverage their powerful automation platform. This is an officially supported connection, and I know that SmartThings has a few different options for Sunrise/Sunset Automations

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

Options
2022-12-27 15:04:58

@Riley_S I would also like the option to allow triggering activities more than 59 minutes outside of sunset/sunrise.

@yitsgo thanks for bringing this up!

Options
2023-01-01 03:58:39

We have been asking to increase the time from one (1) hour to hours on sunset and sunrise. Why is TP-LINK/KASA not responding to our many customer's request?

Options
2023-01-03 23:45:44

@TRENTZ @yitsgo @hugetortilla;

I thought I was losing my mind when @TRENTZ said that it had not been implemented yet. It appears as though the feature was implemented, however, the offset is still limited to 1 Hour when used in a device's schedule. If you create a Smart Action with the Trigger as 'Time', the Offset that appears for Sunset/Sunrise can be +/- 6 Hours rather than the 1 Hour Schedule. It could even be technically pushed out further using the delay feature of Smart Actions.

I do not know why the timings were not updated in the scheduling section but I will bring this to the attention of our development team. It is possible that this is a technical limitation, as I believe that the scheduling feature may be stored on the device itself while Smart Actions are processed in the Cloud. Until I get an answer about why the scheduler is still limited, please use the Smart Action to achieve the same effect.

Options
2023-01-08 17:28:14
This seems like a secret setting. I believe it should work; I'll find out tonight 90 minutes before sunset. It was a little complicated and if you could walk us through the steps that would be helpful.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 467

Replies: 7

Related Articles