kp125p2 not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

kp125p2 not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
kp125p2 not working
kp125p2 not working
2022-09-16 23:00:56
Model: KP125  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have kp125p2 I have one that connected ok, but the 2nd one i am having trouble getting it to setup connecting to wifi, I have reset the device many times and not sure what to do Hrlp!

Options
2 Reply
Re:kp125p2 not working
2022-09-19 16:48:18

I'm having a similar issue with one device. It will connect via the Kasa app (on Android) and join the wifi (solid blue light), it then detects a firmware update available (the device shipped with 1.0.4 and is trying to update to 1.0.8).  However, the firmware update times out and the device remains on 1.0.4. 

More concerning, any reboot of the device causes it to fail to re-join the wifi (solid orange light after a period of blue blinking) and the only way to get it to rejoin is to re-add it via the app.  The cycle then repeats (offer firmware update, update fails, stuck on 1.0.4, loses wifi on reboot).

Is there another way to try to force the 1.0.8 firmware to work?  I tried foring it using the local API (issuing a JSON command of '{"system":{"download_firmware":{"url":"http://download.tplinkcloud.com/firmware/KP125_FCC_1.0.8_Build_220130_Rel.174717_2022-0_1650329546294.bin"}}}' ), and while this causes it to show a status of updating:1 forever, it never appears to actually download the firmware or apply it.

Do you have any other suggestions? Obviously I've tried multiple factory resets (holding in power for 10+ seconds). Is there another "hard" reset to try?

Options
Re:kp125p2 not working
2022-09-29 00:39:04

@jhalpern @tim66214,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the plugs, I've already passed the information onto our team and am waiting to hear back.

I believe that the issue that you are experiencing may have already been fixed with the New Kasa App that is currently releasing to users. After updating the app, retry the setup and report back if you are still having issues.

Otherwise, The KP125 is supported by Google Seamless Setup, Amazon Frustration Free Setup, and Apple Homekit. This feature allows you to connect and use the device without having to add the device to your TP-Link account. After configuring through the Non-Kasa App, you will be offered the option to add the plug into your home when you next launch the Kasa App. This may allow your plug to gain a stable connection to the network before attempting to update, and will also potentially force the plug to download the firmware directly from the cloud.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 453

Replies: 2

Related Articles