Kasa Smart Plugs grayed out and unreachable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-19 12:13:57 - last edited 2022-09-19 12:15:54
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

I have three HS103 plugs at a remote location feeding surveillance cameras. Out of the blue, the plugs grayed out and are unreachable via Kasa App on both iPhone and iPad. The power is still reaching my cameras but the schedules on the plug don't work anymore. Since the cameras are working and I can view them remotely, the issue is not the WiFi network. Getting at the location and physically resetting the plugs is not an option at this time. The property is 500 miles away.

Is there any way I can reset the plugs remotely without physically being there?

Options
9 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Plugs grayed out and unreachable
2022-10-03 17:17:33
Really, nobody? Not even, sorry we can't help you with your problem. This is the worst forum I've ever been by far!
Options
2022-10-04 10:07:40 - last edited 2022-10-04 10:07:53

Do you happen to have remote management of your router enabled?

Options
2022-10-04 10:12:53
Unfortunately, I don't.
Options
2022-10-04 10:40:06
Was wondering if you could check to see if they were connected locally, kick them off or reboot the router and hope for the best. Not really much you can do if they are offline or unreachable. Hope for a brief power outage?
Options
2022-10-04 10:49:35
The funny thing is that one of them is powering the router and is set to reboot the router nightly. It was working fine until two weeks ago when all the plugs went gray and the schedules stopped working. The power is flowing through them as they are powering the router and three security cameras. I am going tomorrow and I'll reset them manually. I'll also turn remote management on the router. Thanks brother or sister :)
Options
2022-10-04 11:18:28

@Lufthansa 

Figures...

The plugs will normally remain in last state when loosing connection or after a power outage.

If they were stuck in local mode you wouldn't be able to control them remotely but the schedules should still work at least until a power outage.

Make sure remote management actually works remotely before your 500mi away remote.

Options
2022-10-04 11:22:22

Otrip wrote

@Lufthansa 

If they were stuck in local mode you wouldn't be able to control them remotely but the schedules should still work at least until a power outage.

Make sure remote management actually works remotely before your 500mi away remote.

@Otrip The problem is the schedules don't work anymore. I will definitely try the remote management before I drive back :)

Options
2022-10-04 15:55:39
Quick question. What causes the plugs to go gray and unreachable? Thanks,
Options
2022-10-05 06:14:31

@Lufthansa 

Really anything that could causes them to loose their internet connection. 

Why they loose it when nothing else seems to be effected and why they don't always come back online is a mystery. 

Quite a few other threads discussing similar issues but no real one fits all solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 603

Replies: 9

Related Articles