New Kasa App broken for iPhone iOS 16 users

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Kasa App broken for iPhone iOS 16 users

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
39 Reply
Re:New Kasa App broken for iPhone iOS 16 users
2022-11-18 11:06:40

@kinotype 

i'm dealing with the same thing on my end. The performance of the app is terrible. All of this changed when I installed that brand new three-way dimmer switch that I purchased. I thought it might've been the switch itself, but apparently it's the version of the app? 

Options
2022-11-18 17:28:17

@kinotype @AldoFaldo @dwr,

I believe that the app is updated once a month, so problems may have already been fixed, they are just currently in testing. For every iOS user, I would recommend trying the beta version of the iOS app as the patch notes are mainly related to performance and stability, such as app crashes or long delays. Let us know if you see a noticeable difference in the performance of the app after updating to the beta version.

For iOS

The latest version of Kasa is 3.1.2(1318)

Beta APP download link:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/PdPMSShC

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
2022-11-18 22:02:13 - last edited 2022-11-19 22:06:24

@Riley_S 

Any idea why the Beta App is written in a different language? See attached image...

Options
2022-11-21 19:32:15

@dwr,

TP-Link is a global company, with separate regions across the globe. Anything that is released or created especially for Users in the United States is localized if it comes from a global team. As you would be receiving a pre-release version, it may not go through the same process, especially for the patch notes, which may not even allow more than one language. The app is developed for all languages, so the app will assume the language that you have set on your phone once launched. If you have questions about the patch notes, our team usually has access to an English Version in our internal documentation.

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

Options
2022-11-22 01:59:03

@Riley_S 

Got it - thanks for clearing that up. I decided to hold off on downloading it until I recieved some type of explanation, and now I have it!

Options
2023-01-19 14:04:12

Well my Kasa devices stopped working several weeks ago and I just now took time to troubleshoot.....I see that The Kasa app is broke and Alexa no longer supports Kasa. I see this started in October, so why is it not fixed?   My apps are up to date, I'm on an iPhone 12 which is up to date.    Any work around yet?   I'm having to turn on lights like in olden days by pushing a wall button!  Help!

Options
2023-01-19 14:25:58
Aargh, never mind…. Just delete the Kasa App and reinstall all your devices and rebuild your scenes again on Alexa.
Options
2023-01-19 14:47:51

@Rocketman77777 

aaaand... 5 minutes later my wall switch stopped working is unrecognized again...... let's just say there is something still broken in the software.... I'll wait to post again until I have something more helpful.....aargh!

Options
2023-01-19 17:22:41 - last edited 2023-01-19 17:37:21

@Rocketman77777,

The Kasa app received an overhaul in october which caused instability with the app for a few weeks as systems were being transitioned. I have not seen any recent reports of similar behaviors, as most of the bugs have now been patched.

I would recommend creating a new thread for what you are experiencing.

Real Quick Though, make sure that the devices are controllable from outside of your network; it sounds like they man not have made their cloud connection

Options
Related Articles