My Phone got upgraded to KASA 3.0.0 and all my Groups are gone and I cannot create new Groups/Rooms!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My Phone got upgraded to KASA 3.0.0 and all my Groups are gone and I cannot create new Groups/Rooms!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-05 20:55:21

My Phone got upgraded to KASA 3.0.0 and all my Groups are gone and I cannot create new Groups/Rooms.  I no longer see ANY of my groups of devices in the App and cannot create any!!  Also, I cannot add any devices into rooms.  Nothing happens when I try.

Options
2 Reply
Re:My Phone got upgraded to KASA 3.0.0 and all my Groups are gone and I cannot create new Groups/Rooms!
2022-10-05 22:06:42

@BVH,

This sounds like an issue that some of our users had when first upgrading to the new version of the application. It sounds as though your settings did not finish syncing from the cloud. The previous user had all of their scenes disappear when they upgraded. I would first try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling to see if it will make the groups appear.

If uninstalling and reinstalling the application does not fix the issue, the other user was able to fix their scenes by deleting the documents and data associated with the Kasa App from your Phone Storage and then uninstalling and reinstalling the Kasa Application from the App Store.

Options
Re:My Phone got upgraded to KASA 3.0.0 and all my Groups are gone and I cannot create new Groups/Rooms!
2022-10-05 23:16:33
Deleted the App and data and reinstalled theApp, and now I can create new groups, but all my old groups are gone. Also lots of errors when I try to do anything. Still can’t add any devices into rooms. No error, but no devices get added. I also can’t remove a device from a group. I get an error and the device stays in the group. I have to delete the group and start over. Did any of the programmers do regression testing on this version. It’s a mess. My old version worked fine. Now it hardly works at all!!!!
Options