Kasa app not showing any devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-13 11:50:19 - last edited 2022-10-14 03:57:55

We use many TP Link plugs, several light bulbs and  a power strip.  Everything was working fine and linked to Amazon Alexa until we upgraded our android phones.  Opening Kasa on the new phones none of the registered devices are showing.

Is there a discovery tool that will bring them into the Kasa app?  I hope we dont have to reset all the devices.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Kasa app not showing any devices-Solution
2022-10-13 20:23:22 - last edited 2022-10-14 03:57:55
As a good Navy sailor would say - belay my last. The problem is much simpler - wrong account. Using the correct account, all the devices showed up immediately. Sorry for the inconvience.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Kasa app not showing any devices
2022-10-13 17:34:55 - last edited 2022-10-13 19:51:41

@JoeTL,

I think that there was one other user that had a similar experience on Android. The solution was to go into your phone settings, delete both the documents and data, and the cache related to the kasa app. This is usually found in the apps or storage settings for Android.

Then uninstall and reinstall the app to see if the devices sync from the cloud.

Is NONE of the devices is an accurate statement, that there were no devices brought over from the 2.0 app

Options
2022-10-13 19:17:13
There are a LOT of users that are complaining about the last APP update. CLEARLY there is an issue. NONE of my devices (various plug and strips) are available..I'm standing RIGHT next to the outlet strip and the WiFi hub... We need help with YOUR problem.
Options
2022-10-13 19:57:58

@Monty1269,

Did you try the troubleshooting steps in the previous reply? This worked for other users.

Does soft resetting the devices allow the devices to reconnect to your network? (This will keep the configuration settings, only reset the network settings)

Do your devices appear on another phone's Kasa application?

When on the same network, do your device's appear as local only? 

Is the local permission available in your phone's settings? Another thread mentioned that if this toggle doesn't appear in the settings, that you may need to reinstall in order to grant the permission.

Updates for the app to address many of the issues are already being developed/tested, so right now the solution is to figure out what features are actually broken, what needs to be reported to our development team, and to find stopgap solutions to allow users with issues to reagin control of their devices until the new update is released.

Options
Re:Kasa app not showing any devices-Solution
2022-10-13 20:23:22 - last edited 2022-10-14 03:57:55
As a good Navy sailor would say - belay my last. The problem is much simpler - wrong account. Using the correct account, all the devices showed up immediately. Sorry for the inconvience.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 564

Replies: 4

Related Articles