Light bulb doesn’t stay on overnight

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-17 15:27:15

We have the light bulb schedule set to come on at 7 PM and off at 7 AM, set at 10% for my son's room overnight.

I noticed that the bulb was off before 7 AM every night, so I set another "On" time for 12:00 AM, thinking it was a date thing.

The light is still shutting off overnight for some reason.

Any input?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Light bulb doesn’t stay on overnight
2022-10-17 18:53:51

@Kellen,

On the homepage for smart actions, there is a page for activity history, this will allow you to see if it is one of your smart actions that is causing the bulb to turn off. Check both the smart actions, and the schedule on the device page for any smart actions that may be causing the behavior.

Is it possible that the light is being turned off by another service such as Alexa, Google, or SmartThings?

Do you have the Auto-White Setting enabled for the bulb?

If you still cannot find the cause, then a factory reset should break any schedules or autoamtions that were created for the device.

Options
2022-10-20 19:22:58

@Kellen I have this same problem with all of my smart bulbs and light strips. I've reset them all to defaults and I have no smart actions setup. I've even made changes to turn off network discovery for my network devices, I'm a network engineer so I have a more advanced setup. It does it at work or at home.

Options
2022-10-20 21:06:07

@MasterDeCaf,

Are you able to determine whether or not the devices are disconnecting from the network throughout the night? It would help determine what may be causing the light to not stay on overnight? Also, can you double check the time zone settings for both the device and your account to see if they match?

Options
2022-10-20 21:09:43

@Riley_S Mine go off during the day as well as overnight. They are connected to the wireless network the entire time. I even tested dumping them off the network to see if that was causing the issue.

Options
2022-10-20 21:47:42

@MasterDeCaf,

What models of bulbs and strips do you have, that way I can see if there is any specific information available. The other thing I would look into is seeing if the devices exhibit the same behavior on a local-only network. If they don't then my suspicions would be directed toward the cloud connection being broken for some reason.

When the devices turn off, is there any reports of a blocked connection in your router logs?

If you think its a hardware issue, have you tried to connect the bulb to a different fixture to see if it stays on?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 5