Error message 68DE No internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-31 18:15:04 - last edited 2022-10-31 18:17:02
Model: KL110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have several smart outlets and smart bulbs working just fine connecting to the internet. But the new bulbs kl100's can not be connected to the internet. I've reset the modem and router several times. Reset the bulb to the factory settings. Are these bulbs no longer supported?

I just connected a free Amazon outlet. It connected immediately.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Error message 68DE No internet connection
2022-11-01 00:53:24

@StirlingT63,

Are you using an Android Device? If so, you can try this beta app that is meant to help your phone stay connected to the device during setup. Please make sure to uninstall the Kasa App BEFORE extracting and installing the beta version of the app. Otherwise, these updates will be pushed to the app stores soon.

If you have an iOS device, you should have no problem there, as this will allow the firmware of the bulb to be updated and then communicate with the Android Version of the app.

Kasa Beta App - 2.39.0(1074): https://static.tp-link.com/upload/beta/2022/202210/20221027/kasa_2.39.0(1074)_beta.apk.zip

The team normally releases updates to our applications on a monthly cycle so the next update may be coming sooner than you think.

Options
2022-11-01 01:34:32 - last edited 2022-11-01 01:36:21

@Riley_S 

Thank you for responding so quickly. I have an IOS device and have Alexa controlling two Kasa light bulbs and two Kasa plugs plus one Amazon plug and I have a TP-Link 3 mesh router. Are you recommending I uninstall the Kasa app? I don't know how to do that unless you mean delete it but won't I lose all my data? 

Thank you for your assistance.

Teri

Options
2022-11-01 17:29:11

@StirlingT63,

If you have an iOS device, you have no need to update. It would still be recommended that you delete and reinstall the Kasa application. It is possible that a setting or permission was not granted or is not working correctly. 

All of your devices, scenes, smart actions, and settings are stored in the TP-Link Cloud. This means that you can set up a device on one phone, and it will appear on any device you are signed into. 

Lastly, we also offer two different reset options for our devices, a soft reset, and a hard reset. Make sure you are following the instructions for your model. Performing a factory reset will be far more productive than completing a soft reset.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 480

Replies: 3

Related Articles