I don't care if using an open wifi is bad security. I want to do it. Stop nannying us.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

I don't care if using an open wifi is bad security. I want to do it. Stop nannying us.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-01 03:25:32
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

TP-LINK: FYI, the EP10 IS a Kasa Smart Plug, not a Smart Bulb.

Where I want to use this plug the networks are either open or they use WPA2/WPA3-Enterprise, neither of which this plug supports. I don't need you to protect me. Tell me how to use an open wifi network with your plug.or update the firmware to support WPA2/WPA3-Enterprise and tell me how to get that firmware on it.

I'm astonished you think it's appropriate to "protect" your customers against their will. These things are going back to Amazon forever if I cannot make them work where I need them. There's got to be some other product made by a company interested in what their customers actually want and don't feel the need to force them into doing what the company thinks they SHOULD want.

Options
2 Reply
Re:I don't care if using an open wifi is bad security. I want to do it. Stop nannying us.
2022-12-07 20:03:33

@mgsholaas 

I agree... I have WPA/WPA3 enterprise and was shocked that I couldnt connect this to a open wireless.

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
Re:I don't care if using an open wifi is bad security. I want to do it. Stop nannying us.
2023-01-23 17:49:38

@mgsholaas Same. The app used to permit an override, and that capability was removed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 423

Replies: 2