Plugging in a Kasa surge protector into a Kasa Wall Plate

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-03 15:25:47

I have a Kasa wall outlet installed with 2 ports and I need additional ports to plug in devices, so I am thinking about plugging in a 3 outlet surge protector into the wall outlet. Are there any issues with plugging in a Kasa 3 outlet surge protector into a Kasa 2 wall outlet?

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Plugging in a Kasa surge protector into a Kasa Wall Plate
2022-11-03 16:25:30

@3n3rgy,

It isnt really recommended to do this if you will be turning the outlet on and off. Every time the outlet would be turned off, the wi-fi strip would need to reconnect to the wi-fi.

In reality, there is no issue with this setup, however, it may just be easier to use a non-smart surge protector. IF you do house a smart surge protector, try to make sure that the outlet is always powered.

Options
2022-11-03 16:32:25

@Riley_S 

Do the Kasa wall outlets or the regular Kasa smart plugs provide any protection from surges?

Thanks

Options
2022-11-03 16:46:47

@3n3rgy, The product pages for both of the Kasa Smart Strips says that they offer surge protection. The actually capacity of the protection can be found on the support pages for a product, in the downloadable datasheet.

HS300 Downloads

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 255

Replies: 3

Related Articles