Smart plug not responding.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-03 20:59:42 - last edited 2022-11-04 00:52:16

My HS100 smart plug stopped being picked up by the Kasa app. I've reset it several times now and tried to add it to my devices but it never connects. It gets as far as my phone connecting to it, then after several minutes it says it can't connect. Tried it in several sockets, including one a few feet from the router, but nothing works. Any suggestions?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart plug not responding.
2022-11-04 00:12:27 - last edited 2022-11-04 00:52:16
How many Kasa devices do you have on-site? Is it pulling a DHCP IP address? I'd check router logs, loof at MAC address vendor ID's, and figure it out from there. Perhaps set a MAC/IP reservation for it. Are other devices in the home doing well? I saw recently, (read some other posts), somebody had something like this and it was a rogue device on his network that needed an upgrade.
Options
2022-11-04 13:16:43

I have three Tp-link devices, two smart bulbs and the plug that's stopped responding. The bulbs (and the 12 other devices attached to my router) are working fine. I'm loath to start changing any settings as all the other devices are OK. I didn't use it very much anyway...I can manage without it.

Options
2022-11-15 02:24:52

@Ray_M I have the same problem!  There are no responses that help.

Options
2022-11-15 02:41:51

@SBM1950 

Or perhaps none simple enough you like them?  

Have you factory reset (not reboot) the switch yet?

What is the MAC id of the switch in question?

What does the correlating system log in the Router show?

Have you taken the above and used a mac reservation?

Once you've found it and confirmed you know it's pulled an IP address, can you ping it?

What channel are you using on the Wifi?

What is signal db on phone when held right next to affected plug?

If you turn off literally everything in the house that uses 2.4 Wifi except for that plug, what does it do?

It's really relatively simple.  If there is nothing interfering logically or physically, and the above will isolate all that, then as simple as replacing it.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 535

Replies: 4

Related Articles