Kl110 not connecting to wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-12 21:58:59 - last edited 2022-11-12 23:08:57
Model: KL110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who's having this issue with kl110 not connecting to WiFi. I have SSIDs running on router and a dedicate WiFi router, none of them can connect. I bought them from Amazon UK and arrived yesterday. I have been trying spent hours still to no avail. I used 3 diff mobiles too. I don't understand why.

The behavior is rather peculiar, my mobiles were able to connect as I saw a pop up message on the app saying connected, then it blinks 3 times, then it  complained that it can't connect and asked me to connect to it manually. 

When I connected to it manually, gone back to the app, and it sea like it's trying to link it but then, it blinks 3 times again and failed. 

I bought 5 and all 5 are doing the same. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Kl110 not connecting to wifi
2022-11-14 20:48:32

@Elevate,

Couple of things to try:

If you already tried to set up a device and failed, forget the network from your list of known networks

Disable private addressing on your phones settings, as it may be preventing you from reconnecting to the device.

When you are told to manually connect to the network, try forgetting or turning off auto connect for your regular network, your device may be automatically switching because the plugs wi-fi cannot provide an internet connection.

I would also definitely reset the plugs back to factory defaults after a failed installation. 

When going through the setup, are there any other errors or notifications that could give a clue. For example, do your phone settings indicate an issue when reconnecting manually to the plug, such as a 'failure to get IP address'?

Lastly, what devices and OS are you using to try and connect the devices? What router an network are you trying to connect to?

Options
2023-01-05 08:11:04

@Elevate Same issues here with same bulb. It will blink slowly, but none of the reset methods will make the bulb blink 3 times quick;y like in the support page videos. I never see the bulb's wifi network show up on the phone. 

I have another Kasa bulb and 5 plug units working fine, just cannot get this bulb to broadcast wifi. 

Options
2023-01-05 19:24:39

@gc22,

When you are resetting the KL110, 3 blinks means that a soft reset has been completed - indicating that the network settings have been reset, but the device settings remain. First try to complete a factory reset of the device, which is done by restarting the device 10 times and then the device will also blink 5 times. Try to then set up the device from the app.

FAQ: Resetting a Bulb

Please take note of the fact that there must be a slight delay in between the restarts to allow the device to initially boot. It is recommended to wait 1 second between toggles.

If you are still unable to see the SSID being broadcast by the plug, I would recommend downloading a Wi-Fi scanning app to determine if the Wi-Fi is simply not appearing in your list of devices.

The KL110 also offers another method of setup that may allow you to initially connect the device to the network and update the firmware. You might try to use the Alexa Frustration Free Setup and then add the device to your Kasa Account. More information about the setup methods can be found in the user guide here: KL110 User Guide

Options
2023-01-05 20:24:44

@Riley_S Thank you. I have tried the 3 on/off cycles, the 5 cycles, the 10 cycles. I have tried extending the time between on/off. Nothing works. Do I need to wait 1 second for off, switch to on, wait 1 second, switch to off, etc? Or do I leave it off for 1 second? Or on for 1 second? Or both? 

I have tried all variations. 

I tried downloading some wifi apps but they all seem to just scan devices on the network, not look for new networks. I tried to set this up on my iPad but same result as on iPhone. Can you suggest a free iOS app to scan for wifi networks? 

I just set up 2 Kasa smart outlets without issue. I think this bulb is defective. 

I looked at the link you shared, but my bulb doesn't have a version number on it. I don't have Alexa, I am using the Kasa app and Home Kit. 

Thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 525

Replies: 4

Related Articles