HS105 Plugs Hardware V1.0 on 1.5.6 slow or fail to respond after adding new Xfinity modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS105 Plugs Hardware V1.0 on 1.5.6 slow or fail to respond after adding new Xfinity modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-27 17:47:12
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

HS105 Plugs are slow and sometimes fail to respond after adding a new Xfinity modem.  Before, the plugs would disconnect fairly often.  They now stay connected but respond very slowly if at all. Also, I reset them when connecting to the new modem and if I remember correctly, the firmware was updated to 1.5.6.  I'm not sure if the problem is something to do with the new modem or the upgraded firmware. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS105 Plugs Hardware V1.0 on 1.5.6 slow or fail to respond after adding new Xfinity modem
2022-11-30 20:40:09

@JCJRogers,

To try an narrow down what could be causing the behavior: 

Where are you trying to control the devices when they are slow to respond?

Do the devices show the same behavior both when connected to your local wifi network and when connected to another network, such as your mobile network?

How do the devices behave from third-party integrations such as Alexa?

The beta app for the Kasa app looks to have a great many improvements to the response time for devices. The app is usually updated monthly, so the official release should be brought to the app store soon.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:HS105 Plugs Hardware V1.0 on 1.5.6 slow or fail to respond after adding new Xfinity modem
2022-11-30 21:32:55

@JCJRogers 

KASA is slow and erratic. Sometimes the plugs operate properly and then seconds later they don't operate. Sometimes I give a command and the command doesn't happen, and then I move back and forth in the software and that seems to make the command happen. Also, sometimes it takes over 30 seconds to show the LED status and other information, while other times it only takes a few seconds. One of the plugs now alternates between a blinking blue light, a solid orange light, and then sometimes a solid blue light. Both of the plugs show a signal in the -50’s.  With Alexa, the outlets operate even more erratically with Alexa often stating that they aren't operating and then the command actually takes place.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 293

Replies: 2

Related Articles