HS110 keeps resetting itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-28 20:59:19
Tags: #Smart Plug
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

A week ago, it's started to reset itself.

Everytime, it's offline and blinking amber and green.

After I hit + to add it back again, for like 10-30 minutes, it resets itself again as blinking amber and green.

I have tried to use differnt outlets, reset the plug and so on. Any idea? Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS110 keeps resetting itself
2022-11-30 00:28:14

@iAMmeStyle,

This is a behavior that was patched in a firmware update a long time ago. so please make sure that your device is in fact using the listed firmware.

This may be a weird one, but double check that the reset button on the device is not stuck, as it almost sounds like it is resetting itself.

Also, have you tried to perform both a factory and soft reset of the device? If you only did a soft reset of the device, I would recommend holding the button for 10 seconds and resetting it back to factory defaults; you would be surprised how many users only perform a soft reset. 

I would first try putting the device on your guest network to see if the device still reboots occasionally. If it doesn't the behavior is most likely being caused by a setting on your router. If you are using a mesh network, I would recommend trying to disable the fast roaming and beamforming settings if they are available. Otherwise, what type of network/router are you trying to connect the devices to, as this may give more insight into the cause.

Options
Re:HS110 keeps resetting itself
2022-11-30 14:20:17 - last edited 2022-11-30 14:44:21

@Riley_S ,

Thank you very much for the information. I didn't manually do any firmware update so I think the firmware should be a working one.

I have tried both hard and soft reset and also have tried using other outlets. I also have tried to reboot my EERO mesh.

I will try to use the guest network later to see if that helps.

I am not sure about the fast roaming and beamforming settings. I can double check with EERO support later.

BTW, I also have another HS110 which has the same firmware version and still work as expected.

Thank you again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 258

Replies: 2

Tags

Smart Plug