Drops off WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Drops off WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Drops off WiFi
Drops off WiFi
2022-11-29 14:17:04
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

This applies to my EP-10s, HS200, HS210 and others. All will intermittently drop offline and not obtain an IP address. I have 2 different routers and switches to both fail. Sometimes if I wait about 1/2 a day they will come back and get an IP address and start working again, but most of the time I have to remove them or turn off the circuit breaker, then return the power to get the to come back up.

I monitor my network and am notified by email or text if something fails to respond:

93badaf5866e4fe3b42101232ead8f28

This is known fault of these devices and yet I don't see Kasa working with anyone to resolve the issue. I have someone in the house that cannot leave their bed and needs to turn on lights, etc. from their bed using Kasa - but it doesn't always work.

I would be happy to beta test firmware to help resolve this problem, or whatever will help get this resolved.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Drops off WiFi
2022-12-11 13:24:18

@RichardO 

This morning 3 switches lost their IP address within minutes of each other. Since the last time I had a problem I turned off the circuit breaker to resolve, these 3 switches and others would be renewing their IP address via DHCP at about the same time.

I will set up a trace on my DHCP server to see if, as I suspect, that the switches fail if they don't get an address and don't retry as they should. Since multiple DHCP requests would have occurred at about the same time the server may have either been slow to reply to those 3, or failed on the first attempt and the switches failed to retry.

Hopefully, I'll get an answer on the next failure, or maybe KASA TP-LINK could check their code to see how delayed or failed DHCP responses are handled?

Options