Forum - Can't Post

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Forum - Can't Post

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Forum - Can't Post
Forum - Can't Post
2022-11-29 17:19:44

Why do I get the following error message when there is no link included in the post or title???

I tried to move the error message so you could see the rest of the content..but I assure you I have no links included.

0f9b388b2d9044c280c72672eed7bf9d

Options
4 Reply
Re:Forum - Can't Post
2022-11-29 21:52:03

@KIdSquid,

This is something that we are literally working on improving this week. 

As of now, users are only allowed to post links/URLs to a select few sites, mainly within TP-Link. 

Unfortunately, the way that the system was set up to prevent URLs can cause a series of punctuation to be interpreted by the system as a URL. Not great, but at least we're now working on improving it now. 

It may be worth copying the text into a text document and refreshing the page to see if it was simply an error in your session or if there was an accidental hidden link. Otherwise, I just need the text that's behind the box to help you out.

In case I can catch it in broad strokes:

• The auto-off feature for switches by themselves is actually called the 'Timer' rather than Auto-Off;
  • You can use smart actions with a delay to create a Smart Action with the same functionality;
  • Lastly, you can create a Smart Action based on the "Auto-Off Timer" template in the Featured Actions tab,

Options
2022-11-29 21:56:23

@Riley_S 

Thanks for your reply....I did copy and paste the content into notepad to make sure nothing was hidden and still had the same error producing result.

In regards to your reply to the problem I was trying to post - I think you missed something behind the error message.

The issue I'm having is that I can apply the timer, Smart, or Featured Actions to any of the plugs listed in the app....yet I can't select any of the switches for those features....the app acts like the switches do not exist!

Options
2022-11-29 22:40:19 - last edited 2022-11-29 22:42:43

@KIdSquid,

When I am looking at my Kasa app, my switches appear under a separate category when configuring triggers, if the entire section appears to be missing, I would try to reinstall the app on your phone and potentially clear the documents and data associated with the app; as I can see no reason as to why the devices would not appear if configured properly. Do you have another device that you can check to see if the device show?

When not connected to your wi-fi network, are you able to control the devices? If not, the device may not be connected to the TP-Link Cloud services, which is required for smart actions to function.

After selecting one of your switches from the Kasa App, are you able to select/configure the Timer function? When created at a device level instead of a smart action, the timer will function even without a cloud connection.

Weird Workaround for Troubleshooting, you could try to create a group with the device, as groups are also available as a controllable device for Smart Actions

Options
2022-11-29 22:53:22

@Riley_S 

They appear on the home screen, but they are not visible when I attempt to pick them for a trigger - only the plugs appear.

In regards to the timer, there seems to be no way to save the setting as it seems to start counting down immediately after I set the time I want it to turn off.  It does not save the setting - once I return it reverts to turn on, and not turn off  as I had previously set.

If it helps I can take some screen shots.

Squid

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 4

Related Articles