Kasa app update degraded new scene creation experience

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-08 21:27:10

Hi,

The recent large Kasa app update (October?) made a significant change to how we create a new scene. The new experience feels cumbersome, slow, and I have less control.

The previous experience seemed perfect to me. I could adjust a group of devices exactly how I wanted and simply create a scene from the current configuration.

The New experience forces me to add and configure each device separately which is way slower. It's impossible to perfectly match colors between devices.It would be great to set a color for a group of bulbs, then save that as a scene. Is there something I'm missing about the new experience. Maybe I just can't figure out how to use it properly but it seems worse.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Kasa app update degraded new scene creation experience
2022-12-15 14:25:50

I agree. The new 3.x experience is basically terrible. I previously posted the following:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/smart-home/forum/topic/588648

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 319

Replies: 1