Wi-Fi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wi-Fi connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wi-Fi connection
Wi-Fi connection
2022-12-21 15:36:25

My TP-link Kasa KC 120 stopped working yesterday morning. I have tried reconnecting it to the WiFi, to no avail. Bear in mind I have other cameras connected that are working just fine.

I have tried every troubleshooting tip I have read. I have rebooted everything from rotor, to App, to factory reset on the camera, to trying another device to install it, to uninstalling the other cameras ( then successfully reinstalling after failing with this one camera)

I get to the point in the setup  where I enter my Wi-Fi password and the light on the camera changes from yellow green blinking to red blinking , then I get a notification the camera cannot connect to my home network.

Because all the other cameras are still working fine and this one was until yesterday I am perplexed. Anyone ever conquered this problem?

Thanks for any advice

~Dee~

Options
3 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi connection
2022-12-21 17:25:02

@Dknudde,

When you get stuck at the connecting to network part of the setup, it is often caused by a setting on your phone, related to that the cameras wi-fi. On most phones, Private Addresssing will be turned on by default when you connect to a new network. Unfortunately, this will often cause issues with the connection, as the camera will not be able to recognize the phone after disconnecting.

Are you trying to set up the device using Android, or by iOS?

Try attaching the camera to another network to see if the behavior only occurs on the main network. I would recommend setting up your camera on your guest network and enabling allow the devices on the guest network to see each other setting from your router interface.  

Options
2022-12-21 18:28:52

@Riley_S 

Thank you for responding, I am using IOS, I just tried your suggestion of using the guest network..... I'm still getting stuck at the same place. 
Part of my confusion comes from my disconnecting the other cameras and being able to reinstall them with no issue. ( using my iPhone) 

Options
2023-01-03 23:34:36

@Dknudde,

Is it a possibility that you have an IP reservation for the device set on your router? This will prevent the device from reconnecting if it is not recognized by the router as the same device.

Depending on why you cannot connect: 

When your phone is connected to the Wi-Fi of the camera, go into the settings on your phone and disable private addressing for the network. It may be that the device cannot reconnect to your phone, rather than the home network. 

You might try setting up the camera far away from the router to ensure it is trying to connect to the 2.4 band and not the 5Ghz band. 

Connecting the device to the Guest Network usually works as if it was a seperate network; given that it could not connect to this network, I think that the connection between your phone and device are being broken, causing the setup to fail.

Otherwise, what router are you using for your wireless network?

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 376

Replies: 3

Related Articles