CES 2023: 15 New Tapo Smart Cameras and Accessories

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-05 23:14:46 - last edited 2024-01-04 23:49:19

15 New Tapo Smart Cameras and Accessories Announced

With the announcement of 15 new smart cameras and accessories announced, the Tapo lineup of Smart Cameras can now fit any need or situation. Some of the announced products were also some of our users’ most requested products in our Smart Home Survey last year, such as a Baby Camera, Floodlights, and Doorbells. Currently, all devices listed below are planned and are not guaranteed to be released in the United States.

Outdoor Cameras

Tapo C325WB – Outdoor Pan/Tilt Security Wi-Fi Camera

Tapo C425 – Smart Wire-Free Security Camera

Tapo C520WS – Outdoor Pan/Tilt Security Wi-Fi Camera

Tapo C525WB – Outdoor Pan/Tilt Security Wi-Fi Camera

Tapo C720 – Tapo Smart Floodlight Camera

Indoor Cameras

Tapo C225 – Pan/Tilt AI Home Security Wi-Fi Camera

Tapo C125 – AI Home Security Wi-Fi Camera

Tapo C860 – Smart Baby Camera

Doorbell and Door Lock

Tapo D230S1 – Tapo Smart Batter Video Doorbell

Tapo D235 – Tapo Video Doorbell Camera

Tapo D100 – Smart Video Doorbell Wired

Tapo D660 – Smart Video Doorbell Dual

Tapo Smart Video Door Lock

Accessories

Tapo H200 – Tapo Smart Hub

Tapo A200 – Tapo Solar Panel

Tapo L720W – Smart Wi-Fi Floodlight (No Camera – Honorable Mention)

With all of the latest smart camera announcements for Tapo, the Tapo ecosystem has changed entirely; now providing a whole-home solution for any situation. As products approach release, we will do our best to relay what products will be available for each region and how they can integrate with other services. For now, you can see the full TP-Link and Tapo CES lineups at the links below:

Learn More about TP-Link’s Entire CES Product Lineup

*CES is a Global Event, any Products Announced and marked "Coming Soon" are not guaranteed to be released in the United States,  specifications may differ from the final release.

Options
4 Reply
Re:CES 2023: 15 New Tapo Smart Cameras and Accessories
2023-06-10 16:05:11

@Riley_S 

When are the solar panels (a200) going to be available for sale in the US? Would also like to know about the C425 as well as the new doorbells.  It has been 5 months since they were announced.  Most other vendors that announced simliar security products have already released them to market.  

Options
2023-06-12 16:16:20 - last edited 2023-06-12 16:16:40

@jedmo,

The products we announce at CES are only indicators of the devices you may see between this year's CES and next. We are only halfway through the year and are still expecting many of the announced devices to release through the rest of this year. Unfortunately, we cannot provide and prospective release dates for the devices, so your best bet is to keep an eye on the community and our official store to see when the devices are released.

The A200 is a new type of product, and so are Tapo Doorbells, so you should see release announcements across multiple platforms.

Options
2023-08-06 07:31:51

@Riley_S Is there a way we can even get a hint of when or even if TP-Link is planning on releasing this stuff? I desperately need to redo my home automation before winter, but one of the key components to this is the need for a new wired video doorbell.

So far, I'm extremely impressed with the Tapo cameras I have deployed as cat cams. The part where I can use microSD cards instead of having to use a cloud service made them absolutely worth the purchase for me, even if ultimate go with another vendor for the home automation. Those cameras can be used as backups, or given to someone else without requiring a subscription, and in today's world that is exactly the kind of design decision that buys my loyalty as a customer.

But ultimately, whatever vendor I choose for the home automation setup is going to have to be one whose gear all works together. Tapo looks like it has the best of what's out there...except for that lack of a usable doorbell.

I see the D100 has a product page on the US site. I really hope that means this thing is actually going to launch. It would, however, very much help with planning things for winter tie up if I had an idea of when that was going to drop. At some point, i just won't be able to wait.

Options
2023-08-07 17:41:39

@astlor,

The plan for a Tapo doorbell is still in the works. Unfortunately, we cannot provide a prospective date for release as it is still subject to change. I would imagine that we may see a release before it begins to get too cold, however, it could be very well delayed depending on how the testing phase goes. As a new product line, our team is making sure that the device releases and is up to user expectations.

I can say that you will see a pretty rapid expansion of our Tapo Product offerings over the next few months, so patience will be they key; especially since Tapo's goal is to provide a coherent smart home environment for your devices, as you mentioned.

Something slightly off topic, the Tapo Care subscription plans: Recently, it has been decided that Tapo care will not be the paywall for the AI camera features. This means that your cameras will soon have access to some of its more advanced detection features. Make sure to keep your camera's firmware up to date so that you will receive the features as soon as a new firmware is released.

Options