How Warrant-Replace Failed Switch (plug)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-17 11:03:06 - last edited 2023-01-17 11:10:43
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Have failed EP!0.   WiFi works, has been reset.  App shows switch changing states, and I hear internal relay clicking.  However, something failed internally.   Switch won't power off load (two computer monitors and a laptop).  Is roughly 3 month old, purchased on TP-link store at Amazon.   Please advise how to get warranty replacement.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:How Warrant-Replace Failed Switch (plug)
2023-01-17 17:20:42

@dafish 

Product would need to be fully troubleshot with our support team to determine if a manufacturer defect is present.  Once that is determined support would direct you to https://warranty.tp-link.com/us/login?redirect=%2F to register the product so they can then approve the replacement request.  

You will also want to read through our warranty policy to understand the process, what is and isn't covered and any potential cost to you.  

The quickest way to do this is through Chat or phone support which can be found here

Options
Re:How Warrant-Replace Failed Switch (plug)
2023-01-23 09:37:33

Let's get this out there so others know of the rotten support from TPLink/Kasa:

It's taken two phone calls, 11 email's back and forth jumping through one hoop after another, and now they want me to buy another one, pay to ship it to me, and then credit me back the purchase.  If they get it back and agree its broken.

Look, time has a cost.  More, shipping back a broken part with a cost of $10 is stupid and again takes even more time.  It's almost as stupid as charging me $15 for shipping it!

Yea, I'm pretty much not amused.  I could scream and expect an exception, but that's not the point.  The point?   Kasa warranty has exceptional negative value.  it will cost more in time, frustration, and shipping than it's worth.   All up this would have taken at least two hours, likely closer to three, to complete.  Such miserable service is a stone deal breaker, and thus ends my loyalty to Kasa/TP-Link as well as my referrals for the product.

You may feel otherwise, but for me customer service and ethics matter, and this feels like a "let's make the warranty experience unreasonable" plan.  Nope!

Buyer beware folks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 2