Kasa app won't play videos

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-22 07:00:04
Tags: #Kasa app
Model: KC401  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Ever since my Android tablet and phone updated their operating systems, I have not been able to play video clips. "Something's Wrong: The decoding performance of different phones may vary. Try using a different device" displays on my phone. The phone is using Android version 12.

The tablet displays "Something's Wrong: Something went wrong. Wait a moment and try again." The tablet is using Android version 13.

This is driving me nuts. It's been going on for more than a month. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on both devices.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa app won't play videos
2023-01-23 04:54:20

@redbird007 You can try to reboot the kasa camera and see if the error is gone. 

What is the model and OS of your android device, how about streaming on an IOS device? 

Options
2023-01-23 06:53:26

@Little_C I can view a live feed from the camera with the app. I can also download videos from the cloud with the app. I just can't view the videos on my Android devices with the app.

Options
2023-01-24 01:48:38

@redbird007,

Can you provide more information regarding what devices and OS you are using when the behavior started? Have you tried to download the regular video file from the SD card and playing that video through your default player? If a codec that is used by the app was removed by your device's manufacturer it could explain the behavior.

Have you also made sure that this behavior is not limited to when you are on your home network, and that the clips cannot be seen when connected to a cellular network? If it is occurring on multiple devices, I am actually inclined to believe it may be network setting that is the cause.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 458

Replies: 3

Tags

Kasa app