Setup iPhone and iPad

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setup iPhone and iPad

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setup iPhone and iPad
Setup iPhone and iPad
2023-01-23 02:54:13
Tags: #iPad
Model: General Product  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 3.1.5

I set up all my Kasa devices with my iPhone. Now I'm trying to add everything to my iPad as well, so I can use whichever is handy. If it matters, I also have everything running in the Alexa app on 2 Fire tablets and 2 Amazon Echo voice assistants. So I can talk to them or control them "manually", with whichever control happens to be in the room.

Old iPad Pro on OS 16.2, thought when I gave permission to access everything, the iPad Kasa app would do most of the work, just as the Amazon stuff did.

But no! It wants me to go through every single Kasa device and actually physically unplug and replug, and add them from scratch in the iPad app. That's not right. Am I doing something wrong or missing something? And yes I gave permission to share it all and no I had no VPN running and yes everything is using the same network and yes I tried offloading and reinstalling app. Everything works everywhere all at once except the iPad which looks around and says, what devices?  ???

Options
2 Reply
Re:Setup iPhone and iPad
2023-01-24 01:41:54

@AuntieMatter2,

The devices can only be bound to one TP-Link ID, so make sure that you have logged into your iPad with the same TP-Link ID that was used on the iPhone. After that, all of your devices from your iPhone should automatically appear in the list of devices. 

If this is not the case, you may try to reinstall the application on your iPad; which may force the app to download the device settings from the cloud.

I would also recommend installing the Alexa app on your devices, as this will give another method of manual control that can be used on multiple devices, as you have discovered with the fire tablets.

Options
Re:Setup iPhone and iPad
2023-01-27 23:52:56

@Riley_S 

I did login with my same id

i also tried reinstalling the app several times 

I also have the Alexa app on my iPhone but haven't used it in a bit so I will see if it's up to speed with my new stuff 

I'm not optimistic 

any other suggestions/ideas??

will post if I evget it resolved 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 253

Replies: 2

Tags

iPad
Related Articles