Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Slim Energy Monitoring - EP25P4 (US) Ver: 1.6

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-29 16:40:36 - last edited 2023-01-29 17:22:56
Tags: #Setup Issue
Model: Kasa  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

So I recently ordered 16 of the Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Slim Energy Monitoring - EP25P4 (US) Ver: 1.6.  I am having a HECK of a time trying to get them setup.

Router Information

• Archer AX6000 v1.0 - Firmware Version 1.2.4 Build 20210719 rel. 12163(5553)

KASA App Information

• Kasa Smart 3.1.5

Smart Plug MAC

• 30-DE-4B-77-3A-9A

I cannot get the plugs to join to my network. Here are the things I have tried.  (After each change I tried to the setup again, both from the Kasa app and the Home Kit app on my iPhone)

• Reset the plug
  • Changed my 2.4 network to be on a static channel (channel 11)
  • Attempted to join in the same room as my router
  • Turned off my wireless 5 network all together
  • Tried selecting the devices wireless and click on add to Home kit from there.

Nothing I have tried seems to work.  When I go to add the device I do the following

• unplug and plug it back in (I know that pairing mode times out after 10 minutes). 
  • I reset the plug. 
  • I try to add it from both the Home Kit and the Kasa app. 
  • I go through the steps and it tries to add the plug.
  • My phone sits on the "Connecting to Outlet" screen
    • Sometimes I get the error  "Unable to add accessory.  Operation timed out."
    • Sometimes at the beginning it will say"Uncertified Accessory.  This accessory has not been certified to work with your home and may not work reliably or securely with this iPhone"

I honesty just want this to work with my Alexa, but it appears to force you to use Home Kit, which is fine if that would actually work.

Are there any other tricks I can try, it doesn't seem like it should be this difficult.  I have tried every plug in the first 4 pack I received, they all have the same result.  My house has numerous other "smart plugs" that I was looking to replace with these energy monitoring ones.  Hoping there's something that can get them working before they are headed back to the store to be returned.

52fc7f436a68406abe3fbba895e2ce21

52ffe4321bfc4f4f9dc501b04347d3f1

2a3b86ac48b5414ba815cdcde5df964e

Options
2 Reply
Re:Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Slim Energy Monitoring - EP25P4 (US) Ver: 1.6
2023-01-30 22:49:06

@Castaspella,

I believe that I have seen a similar behavior when the plug has trouble reconnecting to your phone during the setup process. Make sure that you have the Private Addressing Feature for your home network disabled, as this will give the network a random MAC address whenever you reconnect to the network. 

I would also recommend that you attempt to set the devices up through the Kasa App, as this will automatically trigger the Homekit Process.

Have you attempted to configure the device using a different device?

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Slim Energy Monitoring - EP25P4 (US) Ver: 1.6
2023-03-02 02:40:40

@Castaspella your results are exactly as mine. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 700

Replies: 2

Tags

Setup Issue
Related Articles