smart plug energy monitoring

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-15 21:33:30 - last edited 2023-02-15 23:17:21

i have a smart plug attached tot he TV and the monitoring says i use the TV 24 hrs, is there a way to only monitor during a certain Hr, or not monitor is the power draw is very small?

Options
2 Reply
Re:smart plug energy monitoring
2023-02-15 23:16:43 - last edited 2023-02-15 23:17:21

@rgallo

There is no current way to monitor the usage only during a set period; If your device only supports usage time, any power going through the device will cause the device to read as being in use. You would need to turn off the smart plug to prevent the device from being read as on. I would recommend looking for a smart plug with energy monitoring, as this will provide the actual amount of power used for the device. This way, when the TV is off, the device will read as using little to no power, rather than still reading as 'on'.

Options
Re:smart plug energy monitoring
2023-02-16 13:48:16

@Riley_S thank you but i thought the KP115 is a plug with energy monitoring. did i miss something?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 2

Related Articles