First time configure of EP25 Smart Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-02 02:34:19
Tags: #Smart Plug

I have followed all the instructions and troubleshooting tips but after trying for over a week I have not succeeded to configure any of the four EP25 smart plugs I purchased. Either all four plugs are defective or the Kasa brand is junk. 

I changed my WiFi network to 2.4 GHz only. No luck.

I kept my iPhone 11 Pro and the EP25 smart-plug plugged in literally five inches from the eero Pro 6 wireless access point (WAP). No luck.

I rebooted the WAP and unplugged and plugged in the EP25. No luck. 

Why doesn't this work?

Options
1 Reply
Re:First time configure of EP25 Smart Plug
2023-03-02 18:51:59

@khurtlwilliams,

For Devices Setup via Wi-Fi, I always recommend to navigate to the network settings on your phone and disable private addressing on both your home network, and for the SSID created by the plug. If the device disconnects from your phone to test the wireless connection, the device may not communicate with your phone, as it will have a different address from when it was first connected.

I would recommend configuring these devices from the Kasa App, which will automatically trigger the Homekit setup process for iPhones. The screen that the Kasa App presents may also provide additional information about what may be the problem.

If you have a guest network or an IoT network option on your router, I would recommend attempting to configure these devices to use this network, as there are far fewer features that can interfere with IoT communication on this SSID.

We do have a troubleshooting FAQ for Homekit, so take a look and see if any of these solutions will help: Troubleshooting Homekit Setup

Options