How to move Kasa device from one SSID to another in the same geographic location?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to move Kasa device from one SSID to another in the same geographic location?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-03 15:48:02
Model: EP10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have 5 Kasa smart plugs and 1 Kasa camera which are now connected to my WiFi router's SSID.  I want to transfer them to connect to my mobile router's WiFi SSID. This mobile router is the one providing my vacation house's Internet connection.  How do I go about moving my Kasa devices to the mobile router's WiFi SSID?f Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:How to move Kasa device from one SSID to another in the same geographic location?
2023-03-03 16:07:01

If there is no way to do this in the current iteration of the Kasa system/application, I would like to request that there should be an easy way to change the SSID of an existing/configured Kasa device to another SSID.  Thank you.

Options
Re:How to move Kasa device from one SSID to another in the same geographic location?
2023-03-04 14:19:39

Well, I just found out that if I remove the device and re-add it, I don't have to factory-reset it because I can re-add immediately after I remove it. Then I can join it to a different SSID. But of course, I will lose all the programmed schedules, room assignment, etc. because it was removed. This is kind of stupid on how to join an existing device to a different SSID.

Also, I found out that when I re-add it, that's when it knows that the firmware needs to be updated.  There should be an option to check for firmware update and asked to update it!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 2