Discovery phase

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Discovery phase

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Discovery phase
Discovery phase
2023-03-30 17:35:35 - last edited 2023-03-30 18:01:17
Model: Tapo RV10Lite  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 230321 Rel 170921

Just got my RV10 Lite and it is running around for the first time. 

I have it in a pretty open area of my house which has a long hallway and a landing towards the kitchen. All hardwood. It seems the RV10 is not going beyond a 3x3m area even when "looking" down the hallway it does not go down that direction at all, it rather goes over the same 3x3m area over and over again even though I set my cleaning times to 1

So after a charge and a half it has mapped out about 1/3 of the area. right now it is struggling to go home for recharging even though there should be clear route in memory at this point it is stuck in trial and error mode and ended up running out of the last 20% before it found the charging station

Mike

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options
2 Reply
Re:Discovery phase
2023-03-31 03:41:12

@mkostersitz 

Hello Mike, thank you for reaching us about the robot vaccum! For the repeat cleaning issue, here are some tips for you. 

1. Check whether the indoor environment has carpets and obstacles like fan bases, thresholds, and U-shaped table/chair legs.

2. Pay attention to Errors or abnormal stops of the Robot. 
If any error appears in the APP, the vacuum may cancel its current cleaning task (the map can be lost)and start a new one instead. 

3. Be sure not to manually move the vacuum during cleaning.
The current cleaning path record will be lost after manually moving the robot. This might cause the robot to start a new cleaning task. 

To better assist with this case, we create a support ticket for you, please check your inbox later and confirm. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Discovery phase
2023-03-31 05:35:39

@Wayne-TP Thanks Wayne.

1) is definitely the case our 1st floor is a mix of hardwood and wall to wall carpet and we have a few minor obstacles like u-shaped chair legs and a air purifier that is in the way. The device does a great job though navigating those by going around or over the legs. That is not what I meant, The first run it just went wild up/down/left/right with no rime nor reason in an open space. On subsequent runs that was not a problem anymore. 

2) I think it is a negative that the app/device deletes the map when an error occurs. This is what leads to the multiple cleaning cycles for the same spot and combined with the 60 minute battery life leads to the device never finishing a full cycle. 

3) Thanks I will not manually move it unless it gets stuck and throws an error. 

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 330

Replies: 2

Related Articles