sensor & smartplug to turn on my outside lighting using a motion sensor to activate a smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

sensor & smartplug to turn on my outside lighting using a motion sensor to activate a smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-01 12:51:46

is this possible i live in a rural area would like to light up my entrance and driveway using a motion sensor and a smart plug

is this possible

Options
1 Reply
Re: sensor & smartplug to turn on my outside lighting using a motion sensor to activate a smart plug
2023-04-04 00:32:42

@elektrikman,

What you are trying to do is definitely viable with Tapo's Automations, however there are two issues for the short term:

- Tapo has not yet released sensors into the United States, and 

- There currently is not a Smart Plug Available for Outdoor Use.

At CES in January, both of these were announced as possibly coming to the United States. I would expect that as we see more matter devices rolling out, we will see the outdoor plug launching. However, for now, we are still waiting on an official release. It is worth noting that we also announced a Spotlight Camera that may work well for your situation as an all-in-one solution.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 1