Sending back the robot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sending back the robot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Sending back the robot
Sending back the robot
2023-04-05 15:51:49
Model: Tapo RV10Lite  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

After 2 weeks of use and shaking the robot down to see what it can and cannot do I have concluded that the cons outweigh the pros at this point. Maybe the next generation is closer to what I expect.

While it is fun to watch, using it in a real life household with 3 dogs is just not practical. It works reasonably well on hardwood and tile but even low pile carpet is creating major problems for the device.

• Main brush gets clogged up in hair all the time interrupting the cleaning process and forcing a restart just to get clogged up again
  • Dirt/hair extraction from carpet is minimal. Only cleans the surface. If I run the Dyson across that area again I get a ton more stuff out.
  • Battery life for our 2900 sqft home is not sufficient, it takes 3-4 full charges to clean everything once.
  • too many shortcomings in the software
    • does not continue from where it stopped
    • no way to exclude certain areas it discovered i.e. I want it to not go into the dining room with no doors.
    • charging takes a long time even to get to 80% takes 2-3 hours.

I really like the idea but it just is not for me yet. I might have expected too much but it is what it is.

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 0

Related Articles