Camera Stream Timeout Settings and Audio from Camera?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-13 00:59:00
Model: KC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.11

So my setup is Kasa w/ KS200 Cam and Alexa Echo2.

Everything set up. 

Alexa show me Front Door works perfectly and allows me to look at the front door.

However, the one behavior that I want help with is:

The Alexa will only stream the camera for a certain amount of time.

Then it just stops.

The time it takes for the camera to show the stream is 5 to 15 seconds (yes very short) - but not instant.

Anyway to just force the camera and kasa and alexa to just continue to stream the camera  indefinitely?

I understand that the data is not all local and this may cause network traffic - i.e. Camera ---> Cloud ---> Internet ---> Kasa Server ----> Local Alexa!  

But I want it to just play/stream the camera indefinitely  so that I can pear over to the Alexa and see the content of the camera sees live.

Thanks for any info?

T

PS: other option may include use anothe rmonitoring device or virtual bluestack or sl ething ci

Options
2 Reply
Re:Camera Stream Timeout Settings and Audio from Camera?
2023-04-17 12:33:09

@Timor I see an article on the tp-link website that may help you: https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2630/.

Options
Re:Camera Stream Timeout Settings and Audio from Camera?
2023-04-17 12:46:38

So, it appears that the answer is no. You are only able to watch continuous video using your phone and the Kasa application. That article suggests that 3rd party devices like the echo show will timeout after 10 minutes. 

This would be a great feature. I am unsure which system times out; the camera or the echo; however, this would be a great feature as it would allow many who use this system to watch their camera without continuously having to ask for it to load on their screen(s). 

Obviously, the short coming / difficulty is with the echo and not the kasa / camera setup.

Cheers,
T

Options