KC420WS Device Offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

KC420WS Device Offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
KC420WS Device Offline
KC420WS Device Offline
2023-04-15 12:46:32
Model: KC420WS  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.16

I have 7 of the KC420WS cameras and they are constantly offline, even though my router shows they are connected with high spped.  Average db rating is -34 which is excellent. I also have around 50 switches, plugs, and lights.  All of those devices respond instantly from the app. The cameras don't. I have tried upgrading router and modem and I am on a 1 gig fiber line. Speeds typically run 890 to 930. I have no other problems with the internet. I have tested placing the camera line of site with no obstructions about 18 feet from the router, still the same issue. Device offline for a few seconds, then shows video, then offline. Each app update keeps making it worse. I have tried another phone, same issue. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:KC420WS Device Offline
2023-04-17 21:56:13

@KasaUser005,

Depending on what router you have, you may try to force the cameras to use the 2.4Ghz band, as your router may be trying to switch them to a 5Ghz connection, which is unsupported. You may also attempt configuring an IP reservation for the device from your router settings, as this may help create a guaranteed patch for communication.

I would honestly look at resetting the camera to see if it helps, there could be a setting or error causing the disconnects. Lastly, I would highly recommend, especially with how many cameras you are using, to attach them to either an IoT network, or to a guest network to see if the behavior follows.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 354

Replies: 1

Related Articles